The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has recently released a revised version of the syllabus for the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination. The updated syllabus modifies the exam’s format, topics, marks, and number of questions. The written exam’s question count has dropped from 200 to 100 while the score range has increased from 200 to 400. Changes to the topics of general awareness, general intelligence, quantitative aptitude, English language and comprehension, and statistics are also part of the new syllabus. A new section on General Studies has been added to the exam’s paper structure. Additionally, the revised syllabus modifies the requirements for some positions.
SSC CGL Exam 2023 Details
There are two tiers in which the SSC CGL Exam is given: Tier 1 and Tier 2. Both tests are online computer-based exams. Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper ll make up the remainder of Tier 2. Later on in this article on the SS CGL Syllabus, we will examine these in more detail. A table with the SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 divisions is provided below.
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II (Paper I, II, III)||Paper I (Compulsory for all posts),|
Paper II for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and
Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I
SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 Tier 1
The Commission left the SSC CGL 2023 Tier 1 syllabus unchanged. Because Tier 1 of the SSC CGL exam has the toughest competition, candidates should thoroughly prepare the SSC CGL syllabus 2023 for Tier 1. The greatest number of candidates are screened out. An estimated 8 Lakh candidates are anticipated to show up for the exam. and only approximately 75,000–1,000,000 candidates will pass the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam. According to the official syllabus, the SSC CGL syllabus 2023 for the Tier 1 exam is divided into four sections: General Reasoning and Intelligence General Knowledge numerical aptitude Understanding English The candidates can view all the information for each section of this website here.
SSC CGL Syllabus for General Awareness Tier 1
The general awareness section has acquired new importance in the SSC CGL 2023 syllabus because the SSC added general awareness in the Tier 2 exam. The candidates find it most difficult to prepare because of the enormity of the syllabus. The SSC CGL General Awareness syllabus is defined as below:
- Polity and Governance
- Environmental Issues
- Geography and Agriculture
- International News
- Science & Tech.
- Government Schemes
- Person in News and Awards
The candidates need to prepare all the topics because this will be very useful in the Tier 2 exam also.
SSC CGL Syllabus for English Tier 1
This section is the most important section because it can save time for other sections. The candidates need to prepare all the topics mentioned in the English syllabus. Candidate’s ability to understand correct English, his/ her basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested in the exam.
The SSC CGL Tier 1 syllabus has not changed.
SSC CGL Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude Tier 1
The SSC CGL Maths Syllabus questions are made to gauge a candidate’s proficiency with numbers as well as their numeracy. The computation of whole numbers, decimals, and fractions, as well as relationships between numbers, will be covered by the test. It will test your sense of numerical order, your ability to translate between names, your understanding of order of magnitude, your ability to estimate or predict the results of computations, your ability to choose the best operation to solve real-world problems, and your knowledge of various computation methods. Additionally, rather than requiring complex mathematical computation, the questions would be based on mathematical relationships and concepts (their level will be 10+2).
SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 Tier 2
The SSC CGL syllabus was altered last year as a result of the Commission changing the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam pattern. The Commission reduced the number of papers from four to three and added General Awareness and Computer Knowledge to the SSC CGL Tier 2 examination.
SSC CGL Syllabus for Mathematical Abilities Tier 2
- Candidates can review the SSC CGL 2023 syllabus’s topics on mathematical aptitudes here to get ready for the test. The questions for the mathematical abilities will cover the following subjects.
- Number Systems: Whole Number Computation, Decimal and Fractional Computation, and Relationship between Numbers.
- Basic mathematical operations include percentages, ratios and proportions, square roots, averages, interest (simple and compound), profit and loss, and interest on a compound basis.
- Discounts, joint ventures, mixtures, and agreements Time and travel; Time and labor.
- Knowledge of fundamental geometrical figures and facts Triangle and the various centers within it, Triangles that are similar and congruent Circle, its chords, tangents, angles that a circle’s chords subtend, and common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration includes triangles, quadrilaterals, regular polygons, circles, right pyramids with square or triangular bases, right circular cones, right circular cylinders, spheres, and hemispheres.
- Trigonometry: Height and distances (simple problems only), Trigonometric Ratios, Complementary Angles Common identifiers include sin2 + cos2 = 1, etc. Calculation of simple probabilities; use of tables and graphs; measures of central tendency (mean, median, mode, standard deviation); histograms, frequency polygons, bar diagrams, and pie charts.
SSC CGL Syllabus for Reasoning and General Intelligence Tier 2
|Semantic Analogy||Symbolic operations||Symbolic/ Number Analogy|
|Trends||Figural Analogy||Space Orientation|
|Semantic Classification,||Venn Diagrams||Symbolic/ Number Classification|
|Drawing inferences||Figural Classification||Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding|
|Semantic Series||Figural Pattern-folding and completion||Number Series|
|Embedded figures||Figural Series||Critical Thinking|
|Problem Solving||Emotional Intelligence||Word Building|
|Social Intelligence||Coding and de-coding||Numerical operations|
SSC CGL Syllabus for English Language and Comprehension Tier 2
|synonyms||antonyms and their correct usage||Spot the Error|
|Fill in the Blanks||Synonyms/Homonyms||Antonyms|
|Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words||Idioms & Phrases,||One word substitution|
|Improvement of Sentences||Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs||Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration|
|Shuffling of Sentence parts||Shuffling of Sentences in a passage||Cloze Passage|
SSC CGL Syllabus for General Awareness Tier 2
The General Awareness section of the Tier 1 exam will follow the same syllabus as stated by the Commission. The General Awareness section of the SSC CGL 2023 syllabus is the same for the tier 1 and tier 2 exams.
The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to
- Economic Scene
- General policy and Scientific research
SSC CGL Syllabus for Computer Proficiency Tier 2
- The SSC CGL Tier 2 exam and SSC CGL syllabus 2023 (along with the General Awareness) now include a new section called Computer Awareness. The topics and subtopics that are required of the candidates must be prepared.
- Computer fundamentals: How a computer is put together, the CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, how that memory is organized, backup devices, PORTs, and Windows Explorer. keys on the keyboard.
- Software: Windows OS, which includes the fundamentals of Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Web browsing and search, downloading and uploading, managing an email account, and e-banking are all examples of using the internet and e-mails.
- Cybersecurity and networking fundamentals: Threats to network and information security (such as hacking, virus, worms, and Trojan horses) and countermeasures.
- Three or more paragraphs will be provided to test comprehension, and questions based on those paragraphs will be posed. The other two paragraphs should be on current events, based on a report or an editorial, with at least one paragraph being a straightforward one based on a book or story.
SSC CGL Syllabus for Statistics Tier 2
The Commission has continued with this paper because the candidates are tested for their statistical skills through this paper. The Commission did not change the SSC CGL 2023 syllabus for this section because Statistics is important in taking decisions.