1) Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched 75 newly-developed Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies during the first-ever “AI in Defence” (AIDef) symposium and exhibition, organised by the Ministry of Defence in New Delhi.
▪️Ministry of Defence :-
➨Headquarters – New Delhi
➨Founded – 15 August 1947
➨ Minister of Defence – Rajnath Singh
➨ Chief of the Air Staff – Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari
➨Chief of the Navy Staff – Admiral R. Hari Kumar
➨Defence Secretary – Dr. Ajay Kumar
2) Edelweiss General Insurance has launched Switch – India’s first on-demand comprehensive motor insurance product, under the IRDAI’s Sandbox initiative.
3) Union Minister of State for External Affairs and Culture Meenakshi Lekhi launched a book in Gujarati commemorating the contributions of freedom fighters.
➨The book, ‘Swadhinata Sangram Na Surviro’, celebrates 75 freedom fighters and shares the stories of the sacrifices made by them for the country.
4) An Indian-origin woman has entered the Forbes’ list of richest self-made women.
➨With a net worth of USD 1.7 billion, Jayshree Ullal, CEO of Arista Networks, is one of only five Indian-Americans on Forbes’ list of America’s richest self-made women.
5) Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a Natural Farming Conclave through video conferencing. The conclave was organised at Surat in Gujarat.
6) CBSE launched its biggest digital initiative for exams right from registering students to the declaration of board results.
➨ PARIKSHA SANGAM will integrate all the different exam-related processes done by the school, regional offices and CBSE headquarters.
➽ Central Board of Secondary Education :-
Formation – 2 July 1929
Headquarters – New Delhi
Chairman – Vineet Joshi
7) Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying, Parshottam Rupala inaugurated India’s first-ever Animal Health Summit 2022.
8) United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has announced the appointment of Lieutenant General Mohan Subramanian of India as his new Force Commander of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS). .
9) Google announced an initiative, Startup School India, that aims to organise accumulated knowledge into a structured curriculum to enable startups in small cities overcome various challenges.
10) The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Samagam on implementation of the National Education Policy in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
▪️Uttar Pradesh :-
Governor – Smt. Anandiben Patel
➨Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dudhwa National Park
➨National Chambal Sanctuary
➨Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar Lake
➨Kashi Vishwanath Temple
11) The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council has set up a six-member group of ministers (GoM) to recommend necessary amendments required in the GST laws and other legal changes for setting up the GST Appellate Tribunal (GSTAT).
➨The GoM will be headed by Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala.
▪️Goods and Services Tax (GST) :-
➨ GST has been implemented under Article 279 of the Indian constitution.
➨Based on the Canadian model.
➨Vijay Kelkar Committee.
➨First state in India – Assam
➨GST in India was implemented on July 1, 2017.
➨First implemented in France.
➨ GST has been implemented by the 101st Constitution Amendment Act, 2016.
12) The International Malala Day is celebrated on 12 July on the occasion of young activist Malala Yousafzai’s birthday.
➨The United Nations designated this date to be marked as Malala Day to honour the young woman who has been advocating for female education.
13) Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the National Emblem cast on the roof of the new Parliament building.
➨Work is underway to meet the October-November 2022 deadline for completion of the work.