1) According to Bloomberg report, India has surpassed Britain to become world’s fifth largest economy.
➨The Indian economy is forecast to grow more than 7 per cent this year.
2) Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar won a gold medal in the Men’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions (3P) event in the ongoing International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup in Changwon, Korea.
▪️International Shooting Sport Federation:-
Headquarters – Munich, Germany
President – Vladimir Lisin
Founded – 1907
3) Tech giant Microsoft has announced that it is introducing Viva Engage, a new app in Teams that helps build community and connection, along with providing tools for personal expression.
4) The Union govt has formulated a ‘National Action Plan for Mechanized Sanitation Ecosystem – NAMASTE’ scheme for cleaning of sewers and septic tanks.
5) In Shooting, two-time Olympian Mairaj Ahmad Khan created history by becoming the first Indian shooter to win the gold medal in the men’s skeet event at the ISSF World Cup in Changwon, South Korea.
6) Union Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Narayan Rane launched ‘Repos Pay – a ‘Mobile Electric Charging’ platform and ‘Phy-gital’ – a Fintech Platform at ‘Fuelling India 2022’ event in Mumbai.
➨‘Repos Pay’ is a platform where one can order a Mobile Electric Charging Vehicle on app and charge their vehicles.
7) Henley Passport Index has ranked India 87th globally out of 199 passports.
➨Japan, Singapore and South Korea have topped the Index.
➨The index is based on exclusive data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and is corroborated by a research team Henley and Partners.
8) Renowned artist Achuthan Kudallur, who earned fame by creating his own style of abstract paintings, passed away following a heart attack in Chennai.
9) Rajarshi Gupta has taken over as Managing Director of ONGC Videsh Ltd (OVL), the overseas investment arm of state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
➨He replaces Alok Gupta who superannuated last month.
10) Assam and Arunachal Pradesh governments signed the Namsai Declaration at a chief minister-level meeting between the two states with a determination to end the inter-state border conflict by this year.
◾️Arunachal Pradesh :-
➨CM :- Pema Khandu
➨Governor :- B. D. Mishra
➨Namdapha Tiger Reserve 🐅
➨ Kamlang Tiger Reserve 🐅
➨Mouling National Park
11) India and Namibia have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on wildlife conservation and sustainable biodiversity utilization for establishing the cheetah into the historical range in India.
12) In a first, Delhi Jal Board (DJB) has developed a technology to treat water in its sewage treatment plants.
➨This technology, called ISASMA-CD (Intelligence Self-Administered Self Monitored Automatic Chemical Dosing), has been introduced at four DJB plants at Yamuna Vihar and Okhla with the objective of reducing BOD (Biological Oxygen Demand).
13) Pramod Rao took charge as executive director of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
➨He will handle the Department of Debt and Hybrid Securities (DDHS) and Enquiry and Adjudication Department (EAD).
➠The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is the regulatory body for securities and commodity market in India under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance , Government of India. It was established on 12 April 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
14) Karnataka, Manipur and Union Territory of Chandigarh topped their respective categories in the third edition of NITI Aayog’s India Innovation Index.