Symbiosis International University, Pune – SNAP 2022 is the Compulsory entrance examination Test for pursuing MBA in Symbiosis. SNAP 2022 Exam dates are Fixed on December 10, December 18 and December 23, 2022. SNAP Registration process has started on August 4 and the last date to apply is November 24, 2022.
SNAP score and percentile is used for MBA admission 2023 by the 15 SNAP score accepting Symbiosis MBA colleges including SIBM Pune, SCMHRD Pune, SIOM Nashik among others. All these Symbiosis MBA colleges will release their individual shortlist one by one. Since last two years, Symbiosis International University is conducting SNAP exam on three different dates in December and January with changed pattern but SNAP 2022 3 dates will be over in December 2022. All the three SNAP exams are expected to be of moderate difficulty level.
In this article, you will read all about SNAP 2022, its eligibility criteria, SNAP Application process, key points to plan your SNAP 2022 preparation journey, including important SNAP dates, syllabus & pattern, how to prepare, top Symbiosis colleges, past SNAP toppers interviews and much more. You will also find important links to Free SNAP previous questions papers. So, read through till the end.
1. What is SNAP Exam?
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test, popularly known as SNAP, is the MBA Entrance Exam for Admission to 15 Symbiosis Institutes in India. Every year around 1 lakh students from all disciplines including Engineering, Commerce, Humanities and even Law take SNAP Test to get into of the 2,500 MBA seats in Symbiosis colleges. SNAP 2022 will be the 6th computer based exam in the history of Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) conducted by Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune. Earlier it was a paper based test.
- SNAP full form is Symbiosis National Aptitude Online Test.
- SNAP is the common, mandatory MBA entrance test for admission to the 15 Symbiosis Institutes affiliated to Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune.
- The list of SNAP score accepting colleges includes some of the top MBA colleges in the country like Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Pune which is highly ranked among top management institutes in India and is ranked #20 in Govt of India, MHRD NIRF Ranking 2021-Management.
2. SNAP Exam 2022: Highlights
SNAP 2022 has following key highlights:
|Test Conducting Body||Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune|
|Number of MBA colleges under SNAP||15 Symbiosis Institutes|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Online Exam|
|SNAP 2022 Test duration||60 Minutes|
|Application Process||Online; Simultaneously apply for entrance exam and for institute level Programs|
|SNAP Registration & Application Fee||Rs.1950/- (The SNAP registration fee will apply for each exam separately)|
|SNAP Full Form||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test|
|Expected SNAP Cut offs for top Symbiosis Institutes||88 to 97 percentile for SIBM Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, SCMHRD Pune, SIOM Nashik|
|Total Questions in the Exam||60|
|Sectional Division of Test||3 Sections with different number of Questions in Each Section|
|Difficulty Level||Moderate to Difficult|
|SNAP 2022 Test Cities||90-94|
3. SNAP 2022 Important Dates and Schedule
|SNAP 2022 Exam Activitiy||SNAP Dates|
|SNAP Notification 2022 Release||August 4, 2022|
|SNAP Registration start date||August 4, 2022|
|Last date to Apply||November 24, 2022|
|SNAP 2022 Exam Registration Fee||Rs.1950/-|
|Last date to Pay Exam Fee||November 24, 2022|
|Symbiosis Institute Programme Registration Fee||Rs.1000/- per programme, per institute|
|SNAP 2022 Admit Card download Starts(On snaptest.org)||SNAP-1: December 5, 2022 (Exam on Dec 10, 2022)SNAP-2: December 10, 2022 (Exam on Dec 18, 2023)SNAP-3: December 10, 2022 (Exam on Dec 23, 2023)|
|Last date for SNAP Admit Card download||Till Exam Date|
|SNAP 2022 Exam Dates, Test Duration and Time||1 hour duration exam:SNAP-1: Dec 10, 2022 (From 2PM to 3PM)SNAP-2: Dec 18, 2022 (From 2 PM to 3 PM)SNAP-3: Dec 23, 2022 (From 2 PM to 3 PM)|
|SNAP 2022 Result date||January 10, 2023|
4. SNAP 2022 Exam Pattern: Sections, Question paper
Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune which conducts SNAP annually. It has released the SNAP pattern 2022. In 2017, SNAP changed its exam format as Computer Based Test from earlier Paper Based Test. The very next year in 2018, SNAP pattern was changed again with introduction of special questions. The SNAP 2019 exam structure was changed again with fewer number of questions. The SNAP Test 2020 structure was changed further due to Covid-19 pandemic to 60 questions and one hour duration exam which is being followed for SNAP 2022 also.
|SNAP Exam Pattern||SNAP 2022||SNAP 2020 & 2021||SNAP 2019||SNAP 2018|
|Total Questions in SNAP Entrance Exam||60||60||110||130|
|Sectional Composition of Questions:(1) General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability(2) Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency (3) Analytical & Logical Reasoning||15 20 25||15 20 25||English-34; QA & DI-35; Reasoning-36; Special Questions-5||English-35; QA & DI-35; Reasoning-35; Current Affairs-25|
|Normal Questions (MCQ Type)||60||60||105||110|
|Special Questions (Non-MCQ Type)||Nil||Nil||5||20|
|Scoring Pattern (Normal Questions)||+1 Mark for Each Correct Answer||+1 Mark for Each Correct Answer||+1 Mark for Each Correct Answer in Quant & Current Affairs sections; +1.5 Marks for English and Reasoning Sections (105 MCQs)||+1 Mark for Each Correct Answer for MCQs|
|Scoring Pattern (Special Questions)||Not applicable||Not applicable||+2 Marks for Each Correct Answer of Special Questions (5 Non MCQs)||+2 Marks for Non MCQs (Special questions)|
|Negative Marking||-25% for each wrong answer||-25% for each wrong answer||-25% for each wrong answer||-25% for each wrong answer|
|Choice of Answer Options (Normal Questions)||4 for Normal Questions only||4 for Normal Questions only||4 for Normal Questions only||4 for all the questions|
|Choice of Answer Options (Special Questions)||Not Applicable||No Choice. Must Write the answer in the given space on computer screen using virtual key board||No Choice. Must Write the answer in the given space on computer screen using virtual key board||No Choice. Must Write the answer in the given space on computer screen using virtual key board|
|Number of Test Cities||86||90+||90||92|
SNAP Exam Details 2022: Key changes
- Candidate can appear in SNAP 2022 upto 3 times
- Test duration and timing is same for the 3 SNAP exam dates.
- Best of the performance of candidate out of the attempts he/ she has made will be considered for final percentile calculation.
- The candidate have to decide well in advance and latest by the last date to apply, if he/she planned to give SNAP once, twice or three times
- +1 mark for each correct answer and ¼ negative marking for each incorrect answer.
- To provide latest updates on SNAP 2022, Symbiosis International University will open free subscription process. You need to fill your name, mobile number, Email and City to get update on SNAP 2022
- Over the years, SNAP has changed its question paper pattern from paper based to computer based. To get a high percentile (90+) requires 3-4 months of serious preparation.
- The difficulty level for the exam is expected to remain same as of last year, despite all the changes in the pattern.
- SNAP Cut off as expected by Experts at MBAUniverse.com, IMS, CL, is between 93 to 96 percentile for SCMHRD Pune and SIBM Pune.
5. SNAP 2022 Syllabus
SNAP Syllabus 2022 covers the sectional test composition, number of questions, type of questions, important topics, scoring pattern in SNAP Test. Those who are preparing as per the revised SNAP Syllabus and pattern of exam stand better chance to score high in SNAP 2022 and get into their preferred Symbiosis institute.
Composition of SNAP Exam Syllabus 2022
|SNAP Entrance Exam Syllabus – Key Components||SNAP Syllabus 2022|
|Overall Time Limit to Attempt the Exam||1 hour|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Answer Options for MCQs||4|
|Marks Awarded for each Correct Answer||1|
|Negative Marking||25% for each wrong answer|
|Exam Difficulty Level||Moderate|
|Number of Sections||4|
|Section-1: Name and Number of Questions||General English, RC,VR,VA-15 (MCQs) with 1 Mark for each correct answer|
|Section-2: Name and Number of Questions||Analytical & Logical Reasoning-25 (MCQs) with 1 mark for each correct answer|
|Section-3: Name and Number of Questions||Quant, DI, Data Sufficiency-20 with 1 mark for each correct MCQ|
|Section-4: Name and Number of Questions||Current Affairs|
|Facility to Choose Order of Sections||Yes, any question from any section within overall time limit|
|Individual Sectional Time Limit||No|
Section 1: SNAP 2022 Syllabus for General English:
Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
- Section Highlights: This section comprises all the components of English Language and the major parts covered are English Language, Reading Comprehension Passages, Verbal Reasoning and Verbal Ability.
- Number of Questions: 15
- Normal Questions (MCQs): 15
- Special Questions (Non-MCQs): Nil
- Maximum available score: 15 Marks
- Sectional Weightage in SNAP Syllabus: 25%
Important Topics in SNAP 2022 Syllabus:
Reading Comprehension (RC) Passages: 5-6 Questions
- 2 RC Passage followed by 5-6 questions
- RC topics are based on Facts, Opinion, Literature, Current Affairs among others
- The SNAP Syllabus on RC passages does not throw difficult questions
- RC Based questions are directly related to the RC passage contents
Verbal Ability (VA): 5-6 Questions
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms, Phrases, Vocabulary usage
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Correction of Errors in sentences,
- Core Grammar usage – Conditionals, Active Passive, Indirect Narration etc.
Verbal Reasoning: 3-4 Questions
- Critical Reasoning
- Identifying Parts of Speech
Section-2: SNAP Syllabus 2022 for Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency
- Section Highlights: This section syllabus comprises questions on Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency. Although Questions on Data Interpretation are limited, they sometimes prove lengthier than questions on Quant and consume major part of the time.
- Number of Questions: 20
- Normal Questions (MCQs): 20
- Special Questions (Non-MCQs): Nil
- Maximum available score: 20 Marks
- Sectional Weightage in SNAP Syllabus: 33%
Major Topics in the SNAP 2022 Syllabus are:
Quantitative Ability: 12-14 Questions
- Number System
- Arithmetic – Percentage, Profit-Loss, Interest, Time- Speed-Distance, Averages, Ratio etc.
- Linear Equations; Quadratic Equations
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Probability Functions
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency: 6-8 Questions
- Graphs-Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
Section-3: SNAP Syllabus 2022 for Analytical and Logical Ability
- Section Highlights: This section has highest weightage in percentile calculation in SNAP exam. The question topics include areas like computing, visualization, articulation, and problem solving, topics. The questions may be in the set form or may be individual ones depending upon the shape of the problem.
- Number of Questions: 25
- Normal Questions (MCQs): 25
- Special Questions (Non-MCQs): Nil
- Maximum available score: 25 Marks
- Weightage: 42%
SNAP MBA Syllabus 2022 Topics: SNAP syllabus 2022 contains following important topics in this section
- Family Tree – Blood Relations
- Seating Arrangement
- Direction Sense
- Clocks & Calendars
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Coding – Decoding
- Meaningful Word, Matrix
- Visual reasoning
- Critical Reasoning
- Verbal and Miscellaneous Reasoning
Section-4: SNAP Syllabus for Current Affairs
- Section Highlights: This section is scrapped from SNAP 2022 syllabus. It was present till SNAP exam 2019. Now with shorter duration SNAP exam, SIU Pune has removed the Current Affairs section from SNAP Exam Syllabus and has made it easier for the candidates. Earlier the Current Affairs Syllabus in SNAP was limited to the current affairs of last 2 years.
- Number of Questions: Nil
- Normal Questions (MCQs): Nil
- Special Questions (Non-MCQs): Nil
- Maximum available score: Nil
- Sectional Weightage in SNAP Syllabus 2022: Nil
SNAP Syllabus Topics:
The questions asked in this section were based on Economics, finance, national and international current affairs. Major topics covered for this section in SNAP Syllabus are:
- Business & Economics
- Personalities & Awards
- International Events
- Science & Technology
- Missions of the Countries
SNAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria
SNAP 2022 Eligibility criteria comprise two major SNAP Exam Eligibility requirements. The first part in the SNAP Eligibility criteria is the SNAP exam eligibility to appear in SNAP 2022 entrance exam and the second part of SNAP 2022 Eligibility is the post SNAP exam eligibility with cut offs as required by each of the 15 Symbiosis colleges for MBA admission. The Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune announces the SNAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria as well as the eligibility criteria to apply for admission in each of the 15 Symbiosis Institutes.
SNAP 2022 Registration & Application Process
You can register online on the official SNAP 2022 Exam website and can pay the exam fee of Rs.1950/- online or by DD. The SNAP exam fee includes the fee for exam application form and for registration.
Step by Step SNAP 2022 Registration Process
Registration and Application form for SNAP 2022 can be filled up in four steps:
- Step-1: Register as New User & Fill in Personal Details
- Step-2: Make Payment of Rs.1950/- online (For one Exam. For 3 SNAP exams fee is Rs.5850/-)
- Step-3: Register for MBA programmes of preferred Symbiosis Institutes
- Step-4: Make Payment for Symbiosis MBA Programmes Application Fee
Top Colleges accepting SNAP Score for MBA Admission 2023
|Sl No.||SNAP Accepting MBA college & City|
|1||SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management), Pune|
|2||SCMHRD (Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development) Pune|
|3||SIIB (Symbiosis Institute of International Business), Pune|
|4||SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management) Bangalore|
|5||Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM) Nashik|
|6||SICSR (Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research) Pune|
|7||SIDTM (Symbiosis Institute of Digital Telecom Management), Pune|
|8||SIMS (Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies), Pune|
|9||SIMC (Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication) Pune|
|10||SCIT (Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology), Pune|
|11||SIHS (Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences) Pune|
|12||SSBF (Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance), Pune|
|13||SSSS (Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences), Pune|
|14||SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management), Hyderabad|
|15||SIBM (Symbiosis Institute Of Business Management), Nagpur|
SNAP 2022 Selection Procedure
There are 15 Symbiosis MBA colleges for which SNAP test is conducted for MBA admission 2023. The application process in Symbiosis institutes has opened with the start of SNAP registration process. You need to apply for MBA admission 2023 by paying Rs.1000 for each programme in your preferred Symbiosis institutes before they close their last date to apply.
Candidates aspiring to join MBA / MSc (CA) / MSc (SS) program offered by the Symbiosis Institutes have to appear for the SNAP entrance exam 2022. To appear in SNAP 2021 exam, one has to register for SNAP Test & also register for the institutes offering his/ her choice of program by paying separate program registration fees. If shortlisted, he/she would need to attend the GE-PI-WAT process conducted by each of these institutes individually. The registration process for the exam and institutes is now simplified. Aspirants can now complete the exam registration as well as Institute program registrations in the same portal
SNAP Test Admit Card needs to be downloaded from SNAP official website. It will remain available for download till the SNAP exam date.