Important Current Affairs for all Upcoming Exams 21 August 2022– English
Current Affairs for 21 August 2022
1) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh handed over to the Indian Army the much-awaited Future Infantry Soldier as a System (F-INSAS).(Important Current Affairs)
➨The full gear of the F-INSAS includes an AK-203 assault rifle, which is a Russian-origin gas-operated, magazine-fed, select-fire assault rifle.
▪️Ministry of Defence :-
➨Headquarters – New Delhi
➨Founded – 15 August 1947
➨ Minister of Defence – Rajnath Singh
➨ Chief of the Air Staff – Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari
➨Chief of the Navy Staff – Admiral R. Hari Kumar
➨ Chief of the Army Staff – General Manoj Pande
➨Defence Secretary – Dr. Ajay Kumar
2) The Odisha Government has signed an MoU with the Chennai-based National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) for the protection of coastal areas from various natural calamities like flood, cyclone, soil erosion and high tide, etc.(Important Current Affairs)
▪️Odisha CM – Naveen Patnaik
➨ Governor – Ganeshi Lal
➨ Similipal Tiger Reserve
➨ Satkosia Tiger Reserve
➨ Bhitarkanika Mangroves
➨ Nalabana Bird Sanctuary
➨ Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary
➨ Chilika Wildlife Sanctuary, Puri
➨ Sunabeda Wildlife Sanctuary
3) The government announced reappointment of four independent directors, including RSS ideologue S Gurumurthy and cooperative movement veteran Satish K Marathe, on the RBI board for a term of four years.(Important Current Affairs)
4) The golden joint of the world’s highest railway bridge over River Chenab was inaugurated.
➨For the first time ever since independence, Srinagar will be linked to the rest of India after the overarch deck on the world’s highest single-arch railway bridge over River Chenab will be launched.
5) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has organized its first hackathon “Bima Manthan 2022” with the theme ‘Innovation in Insurance’.
6) A total of 1,082 police personnel from CAPFs and state forces have been awarded various categories of service medals, including for gallant action, on the occasion of Independence Day.
7) Amitabh Chaudhary, the former BCCI acting secretary and president of Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA) passed away.
➨A retired senior IPS officer, who rose to the rank of IGP with the Jharkhand Police, the former top cop was also the chairman of Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC).
8) The Ministry of Law and Justice issued the notification of the appointment of 11 new high court judges recommended by the Supreme Court Collegium.
➨138 appointments in various high courts of the country have been made so far this year.
9) India gifted a Dornier maritime reconnaissance aircraft to Sri Lanka.
➨Vice Chief of Indian Navy Vice Admiral S N Ghormade handed over the aircraft to the Sri Lanka Navy at the Sri Lanka Air Force base in Katunayake, adjoining the Colombo international airport.
10) The State Bank of India (SBI) has unveiled a brand-new term deposit programme called “Utsav Deposit.”
➨This fixed deposit will give a 6.1 per cent interest rate. This deal is only available for 75 days, or until October 30, 2022.
▪️ State Bank of India :-
Founded – 1 July 1955
Headquarters – Mumbai,
Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
11) Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma rolled out nearly 1,000 model Anganwadi centres constructed across the state and 15,000 such units would be constructed by 2026.
CM – Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma
Governor – Prof Jagdish Mukhi
➨Dibru Saikhowa National Park
➨Kaziranga National Park
➨Nameri National Park
➨Manas National Park