Current Affairs for 12th July 2022
1) The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched the rocket PSLV-C53, carrying three Singaporean satellites in a commercial mission of the New Space India Limited.
▪️Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) :-
➨Formed :- 15 August 1969
➨Headquarter :- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
➨Chairman :- S Somnath
▪️New Space India Limited :-
➨Headquarters ;Bengaluru, Karnataka
➨Founded – 6 March 2019
➨CMD – Radhakrishnan Durairaj
2) Union Cabinet approved an MoU between the Department of Science and Technology of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Trade and Industry of the Government of the Republic of Singapore.
3) Michelle Poonawalla, well known artist, businesswoman and philanthropist, received the coveted Shromani Award at NRI World Summit 2022, United Kingdom for her contribution to the field of Art.
4) National Institute of Urban Affairs Climate Centre for Cities (NIUA C-Cube) and World Resources Institute India (WRI India) launched India’s first National Coalition platform for Urban nature-based solutions (NbS) at the 11th World Urban Forum in Poland.
▪️World Resources Institute (WRI) :-
Headquarters – Washington, D.C., United States
Founder – James Gustave Speth
Founded – 1982
5) Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao inaugurated the new facility of business incubator T-Hub in Hyderabad.
➨ The new building, called T-Hub 2.0, comes with a total built-up area of over 5.82 lakh square feet.
➨CM – Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao
Governor – Tamilisai Soundararajan
➨KBR National Park
➨Amrabad Tiger Reserve
➨Kawal Tiger Reserve
➨ Pakhal Lake And Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Pocharam Dam And Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
6) Delhi-born Raja Krishnamoorthi won the Democratic primary for a Congressional seat in the US.
➨ Krishnamoorthi, 48, won from Illinois with a decisive mandate, and successfully overcame a highly communal campaign run by his opponent Junaid Ahmed.
7) The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved the ‘Deregulation of Sale of Domestically Produced Crude Oil,’ under which the government has decided to stop allocating crude oil and condensate on October 1, 2022.
8) The central government has revised pension, family pension and other compassionate benefits being given to the central government employees and their dependents under the 5th, 6th and 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC).
9) Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the “Raising and Accelerating MSME Performance” scheme at Vigyan Bhawan in the national capital.
10) Union Minister Piyush Goyal launched a three-day “Grand Hackathon” on the Agriculture domain to promote an open eCommerce network.
11) India successfully flight-tested the indigenously developed high-speed expendable aerial target (HEAT), ABHYAS, from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur off the Odisha coast.
➨ABHYAS is designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
▪️Defence Research and Development Organisation( DRDO) :-
➠ Founded – 1958
➠ HeadQuarter – New Delhi
➠ Chairman – G. Satheesh Reddy
12) Former Karnataka chief minister S M Krishna, Infosys founder and IT industry veteran N R Narayana Murthy, and former badminton player Prakash Padukone, have been selected for the ‘Kempegowda International Award’.
CM :- Basavaraj Bommai
Governor :- Thawarchand Gehlot
Nagarhole National Park
Bandipur National Park
Kudremukh National Park
Language – Kannada
Formation – 1 November 1956
Port :- New Mangalore Port
Anshi National Park
Bannerghata National Park