Current Affairs 19 August 2022
1) The Himachal Pradesh assembly approved the Himachal Pradesh Freedom of Religion (Amendment) Bill, 2022 to make the state’s 2019 anti-conversion law more stringent by forbidding a convert from availing ”any benefit” of parents’ religion or caste. (Important Current Affairs 19 August 2022)
▪️ Himachal Pradesh :-
CM :- Jai Ram Thakur
Governor :- Rajendra Vishwanath
➠Kinnaura tribe , Lahaule Tribe, Gaddi Tribe and Gujjar Tribe
➠Sankat Mochan Temple.
➠Tara Devi Temple
➠Great Himalayan National Park
➠Pin Valley National Park
➠Simbalbara National Park
➠Inderkilla National Park
2) Centre Government has announced the establishment of another elephant reserve at Agasthiyamalai. (Important Current Affairs 19 August 2022)
➨This reserve will be the 32nd elephant reserve in the country and the fifth in Tamil Nadu.
➨The new reserve at Agasthyamalai will encompass reserve forests and patta lands in Tirunelveli, Kanyakumari and Tenkasi districts.
3) The Union Cabinet approved continuation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) till December, 2024.
➨This scheme is one of the major flagship programmes launched in 2015 being implemented by the Central Government to provide pucca houses to all eligible beneficiaries in the urban areas of the country.
4) The shareholders of Bharti Airtel have approved the re-appointment of Gopal Vittal as managing director of the company. Vittal will remain the MD of Airtel for a period of five years with effect from February 1, 2023.
5) Union Minister of Fisheries and Animal Husbandry Shri Parshottam Rupala launched a unique coffee table book titled ‘Fish & Seafood – a collection of 75 gourmet recipes’.
6) An MoU was signed between NHIDCL (National Highways Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited) and NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation) to take up multiple initiatives contributing towards making India the skill capital of the world. (Important Current Affairs 19 August 2022)
7) Union Minister Jitendra Singh launched India’s first saline water lantern named “Roshni”, which uses seawater to power LED lamps.
➨National Institute of Ocean Technology team has invented the Roshini Lamp.
8) PowerGrid Corporation announced that R K Tyagi has assumed charge as its director of operations.
9) Meghalaya will host the 2nd North East Olympic Games 2022, which will be held from October 30 to November 6, 2022 in Shillong.
10) The Bureau of the FIFA Council has unanimously decided to suspend All India Football Federation (AIFF) with immediate effect due to undue influence from third parties, which constitutes a serious violation of the FIFA Statutes.
▪️All India Football Federation:-
Founded: 23 June 1937
FIFA affiliation: 1948
AFC affiliation: 1954
Headquarters: Dwarka, Delhi
11) President Smt Droupadi Murmu approved President’s Tatrakshak Medal and Tatrakshak Medals to ICG Personnel on the eve of Independence Day.
12) Ministry of Home Affairs has sanctioned approval to creation of Village Defence Guard Scheme – 2022 in Jammu and Kashmir.
▪️Jammu and Kashmir :-
➨L. Governor of J&K – Manoj Sinha
➨Rajparian Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hirapora Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dachigam National Park
➨Salim Ali National Park
13) The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appointed senior Nagaland cadre IAS officer Piyush Goyal as National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) CEO.
➨Goyal is currently posted as additional secretary (AS) in the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)