1) Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the headquarters of the Indian National Center for Space Promotion and Authorization (IN-SPACe) in Ahmedabad.
➨The project was approved by the Union Cabinet in June 2020.
➨ Indian National Center for Space Promotion and Authorization (IN-SPACe) is a single-window autonomous agency under the Department of Space of the Government of India.
2) The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) entered the Guinness Book of World Records world record by constructing a 75-kilometer continuous bituminous concrete in a single lane on NH-53 in a record time of less than five days.
▪️National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) :-
👉Founded – 1988
👉Sector – Indian National Highway System
👉Purpose – Development and maintenance of national highways
👉Headquarters – New Delhi
👉Chairman – Alka Upadhyaya
3) Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras have developed a robot to clean septic tanks without human intervention.
4) Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Department organised the Sufi Festival at Sher-e-Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC) in Srinagar.
▪️Jammu and Kashmir :-
➨L. Governor of J&K – Manoj Sinha
➨Rajparian Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hirapora Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dachigam National Park
➨Salim Ali National Park
5) Defence minister Rajnath Singh handed over 12 high-speed guard boats to Vietnam which is being seen as a major confidence-building measure and a precursor to many more cooperative defence projects between the two countries.
6) MS University’s former in-charge registrar and university engineer N J Ojha has been appointed as ombudsman for a period of two years under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNERGS), which is operational in all the eight talukas of Vadodara district of Gujarat.
➨CM – Bhupendra Patel
➨Governor – Acharya Devvrat
➠ Marine( Gulf of Kachchh) WLS
➠Nal Sarovar Bird Santuary
➠ Kakrapar Nuclear Power Plant
➠ Narayan Sarovar wildlife sanctuary
➠ Sardar Sarovar Hydro Electric Power Plant
➠Porbandar Lake wildlife sanctuary
7) World Day Against Child Labour is observed on June 12 as a day dedicated to creating awareness about the menace of child labour and human trafficking.
➨The theme for World Day Against Child Labour 2022 is “Universal Social Protection to End Child Labour.”
8) The first ‘Bharat Gaurav’ train, which will transport pilgrims to places linked with Lord Ram in India and Nepal, would have onboard yoga facilities.
➨ On June 21, International Yoga Day, the train will depart from Delhi’s Safdarjung Station.
9) The Union Cabinet, led by Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi, has approved the signing of a MoU between the Department of Biotechnology, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), and the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) of the US to contribute to the development of new, improved, and innovative biomedical tools and technologies to prevent and treat HIV, tuberculosis, COVID-19, and other emerging infectious diseases.
10) Senior Indian diplomat Amandeep Singh Gill has been appointed by United Nations Secretary-General as his Envoy on Technology.
➨Previously, Gill was the Executive Director and Co-Lead of the United Nations Secretary-General’s High-Level Panel on Digital Cooperation (2018-2019).
▪️Related Current Affairs :-
➨UN chief Antonio Guterres appointed Nobel Laureate Kailash Satyarthi as new Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Advocate ahead of the start of the 76th UN General Assembly.
➨UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres recently honoured Indian UN Peacekeeping officer Yuvraj Singh, who was martyred in the line of duty in 2020 during the UN annual Memorial Service 2021.
11) Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Biotech Startup Expo – 2022 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
➨The country’s first Biotech Startup Expo is a reflection of the expansive growth of the biotech sector in the country.