1) Olympic medalist and ace weightlifter Mirabai Chanu won India’s first Gold Medal at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in the Women’s 49Kg weightlifting category.
2) The Chhattisgarh Women Commission organized the Mukhyamantri Mahtari Nyay Rath Yatra to inform women in the state about their legal and constitutional rights.
➨Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched the “Mukhyamantri Mahtari Nyay Rath”.
CM – Bhupesh Baghel
Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
Udanti-Sitanadi Tiger Reserve
Achanakmar Tiger Reserve
Indravati Tiger Reserve
3) ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has launched ICICI Prudential Nifty IT Index Fund, an open-ended index scheme replicating the Nifty IT index.
4) Popular UK-based Punjabi singer Balwinder Safri died at the age of 63, weeks after recovering from coma.
➨Punjab-born Safri was part of the UK bhangra scene since 1980 and formed the Safri Boyz Band in 1990.
5) Weightlifter Gururaja Poojary clinched a bronze medal in the men’s 61 kg category at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham.
➨Poojary successfully pulled off a combined lift of 269kg, (118kg in snatch and 151kg in clean and jerk) to ensure India’s second medal of the Games.
6) The Reserve Bank has launched a national campaign with a focus on the eight states that have the maximum amount of unclaimed deposits.
➨Accordingly, the monetary authority has launched a campaign in the languages of these eight states along with Hindi and English.
◾️Reserve Bank of India:-
➨Headquarters:- Mumbai, Maharashtra,
➨Established:- 1 April 1935, 1934 Act.
➨Hilton Young Commission
➨ First Governor – Sir Osborne Smith
➨ First Indian Governor – Chintaman Dwarkanath Deshmukh
➨Present Governor:- Shaktikanta Das
7) In England, the Leicester Cricket Ground has been named after India’s legendary cricketer, Sunil Gavaskar.
➨Gavaskar was the first cricketer to score 10,000 runs in test cricket.
8) Dinesh Shahra Foundation (DSF) has instituted a first-of-its-kind ‘Dinesh Shahra Lifetime Award’ for Excellence in Music.
➨The initiative is supported by the Indian Arts & Cultural Society.
9) Indian weightlifter Sanket Mahadev Sargar won a silver medal in men’s 55kg category at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
10) The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, was apprised of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) and University of Reading (UoR), United Kingdom (UK) for collaboration in the field of agriculture and rural development in developing countries.
11) Union Minister of Ayush Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated Vaccination Centre for children at the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA).
➨ He also launched the Bal Raksha mobile app, which is aimed at creating awareness of paediatric preventive healthcare through Ayurveda intervention amongst parents.
12) For the first in the country, the monkeypox virus strain has been isolated by Indian Council of Medical Research-National Institute of Virology, Pune.
➨Isolation of virus strains is the first step towards expediting the development of drugs, vaccines and rapid diagnostic kits in the country.
13) Sushovan Bandyopadhyay, famous as Bengal’s ‘one rupee doctor’, passed away on Tuesday in a Kolkata hospital. He was 84.
➨He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2020. The same year, his name was recorded in the Guinness World Records for treating the maximum number of patients.
14) Weightlifter Bindyarani Devi (55kg) clinched a silver in the women’s 55kg as India continued its medal rush at the Commonwealth Games.
➨Bindyarani lifted a total weight of 202kg (86kg+116kg) to finish second.