1) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched the P17A stealth frigate Dunagiri, named after a mountain range in Uttarakhand and built by PSU Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers, onto the river Hooghly in Kolkata.
▪️West Bengal :-
➠CM – Mamata Banerjee
➠GOVERNOR – Shri La. Ganesan
➠Folk Dances – Lathi, Gambhira, Dhali, Jatra, Baul, Chhau, Santhali Dance
2) NHPC signed two MoUs for the development of “Pilot Green Hydrogen Technologies” in line with the country’s resolve to reduce the carbon footprint in the Power Sector in Leh and Kargil districts of Union Territory of Ladakh.
3) The Financial Services Institutions Bureau (FSIB) has recommended former Union Bank of India managing director Rajkiran Rai as the head of government-owned development finance institution (DFI).
4) National Nutrition Week is celebrated every year in the first week of September to raise awareness about the importance of healthy eating habits and enough nutrition for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
➨The theme of National Nutrition Week 2022 is ‘Celebrate a World of Flavours.’
5) Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 296-km-long Bundelkhand Expressway, which passes through seven districts of Uttar Pradesh and has been constructed at a cost of around Rs 14,850 crore.
▪️Uttar Pradesh :-
Governor – Smt. Anandiben Patel
➨Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dudhwa National Park
➨National Chambal Sanctuary
➨Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar Lake
➨Kashi Vishwanath Temple
6) Indian Grandmaster Aravindh Chithambaram won the 41st Villa de Benasque International Open chess tournament in Benasque, Spain.
➨GM Robert Hovhannisyan of Armenia finished second while India’s GM Raunak Sadhwani was third.
7) Jawaharlal Nehru Port has become the first 100 per cent Landlord Major Port of India having all berths being operated on PPP model.
8) The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has created its first mountain-warfare training centre in northeast India, its second overall, to skill its troops in high-altitude combat and survival tactics as part of their mandate to guard the Line of Actual Control with China.
▪️Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP):-
Headquarters – New Delhi
Founded – 1962
Director General – Sanjay Arora
9) The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), has partnered with Telangana for Data in Climate Resilient Agriculture (DiCRA).
DiCRA is a first-of-its-kind digital solution that aims to strengthen food systems and food security by the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology.
➨CM – Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao
Governor – Tamilisai Soundararajan
➨KBR National Park
➨Amrabad Tiger Reserve
➨Kawal Tiger Reserve
➨ Pakhal Lake And Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Pocharam Dam And Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
10) Government think tank Niti Aayog and the World Food Programme (WFP), India will launch the ‘Mapping and Exchange of Good Practices’ initiative for mainstreaming millets in Asia and Africa.
▪️NITI Aayog :- National Institution for Transforming India
➨Formed – 1 January 2015
➨Preceding – Planning Commission
➨Headquarters -New Delhi
➨Chairperson:- Narendra Modi,
➨Vice Chairperson – Suman Bery
11) International Moon Day is marked annually on 20 July.
➨The General Assembly had officially declared International Moon Day, a United Nations-designated day to be marked every year on 20 July.
12) Retired Army officer Raj Shukla has been appointed as a member of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
▪️Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) :-
Chairman – Manoj Soni
Founder – Parliament of the United Kingdom
Founded – 1 October 1926
Headquarters – Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi