Current Affairs for 28th July 2022 – English
1) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin unveiled the mascot and the logo named ‘Thambi’ for FIDE Chess Olympiad in Chennai. “Thambi” in Tamil means younger brother.
▪️Tamil Nadu :-
➨ CM – M K Stalin
➨Sathyamangalam tiger reserve (STR)
➨Kalakkad Mundanthurai tiger reserve (KMTR
2) The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet gave nod to the Himachal Pradesh Drone Policy 2022 with the objective of propagating Drone-enabled technology for heralding economic prosperity and creating employment avenues.
▪️ Himachal Pradesh :-
CM :- Jai Ram Thakur
Governor :- Rajendra Vishwanath
➠Kinnaura tribe , Lahaule Tribe, Gaddi Tribe and Gujjar Tribe
➠Sankat Mochan Temple.
➠Tara Devi Temple
➠Great Himalayan National Park
➠Pin Valley National Park
➠Simbalbara National Park
➠Inderkilla National Park
3) Mithali Raj, captain of India women’s ODI and Test teams, announced her retirement from all forms of international cricket.
➨Raj is regarded as one of the top Indian players of the sport. She made her international debut in 1999 and has played prolific cricket across all formats.
4) Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore have designed a new class of artificial peptides or miniproteins that they say can render viruses like SARS-CoV-2 inactive.
➨The miniproteins can not only block virus entry into our cells but also clump virus particles together, reducing their ability to infect.
5) Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya released the 4th State Food Safety Index.
➨ The report has been prepared by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to measure the performance of States across five parameters of food safety.
6) Avani Lekhara, the Tokyo Paralympics winner, won gold in the Para Shooting World Cup in Chateauroux, France, with a world record score of 250.6 in the women’s 10m air rifle standing SH1.
7) Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched Anocovax, India’s first homegrown COVID-19 vaccine for animals, produced by the ICAR-National Research Centre on Equines (NRCE) in Haryana.
▪️Indian Council of Agricultural Research:-
Founded – 16 July 1929
President – Minister of Agriculture
Director – Trilochan Mohapatra
Motto – Agrisearch with a human touch
Headquarters – New Delhi
8) Maruti Suzuki India Limited (Company) has set up a 20 MWp1 solar power plant at Manesar, Haryana.
The initiative will contribute 28,000 MWH2 per annum of company’s energy requirements.
9) The duo of Manish Narwal and Singhraj Adhana captured a silver medal at the Mixed Team 50m Pistol SH1 event in the ongoing Chateauroux Para-Shooting World Cup, clinching the fifth medal for India at the event
10) Ramkrishna Mukkavilli has become the first Indian to be recognised as the Global Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Pioneer for water stewardship by the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC).
11) Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Single Nodal Agency (SNA) Dashboard of Public Financial Management System (PFMS) in New Delhi.
12) The Union Government has launched the Rashtriya Puruskar Portal for inviting nominations for various awards of the various Ministries, Departments and agencies to ensure transparency and public partnership.
13) Doordarshan and Doordarshan News Director-General Mayank Kumar Agrawal has been given the additional charge of Prasar Bharati Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
14) Union Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya launched the “Ayurveda Aahar” logo on the occasion of World Food Safety Day.
15) Sikkim Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang declared Blue Duke the state butterfly.
➨Blue Duke is unique to Sikkim and the eastern Himalayas. It was discovered in the state in 1858.
▪️ Sikkim :-
CM – Prem Singh Tamang
Governor – Ganga Prasad
Fambong Lho Wildlife Sanctuary
Barsey Rhododendron Wildlife Sanctuary
Khangchendzonga National Park
Pangolakha Wildlife Sanctuary