Current Affairs for 4th August 2022 – English
1) India’s Tejaswin Shankar clinched the bronze medal in the men’s high jump final with the mark of 2.22m at the ongoing Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham.
➨The 23-year-old won the nation’s first athletics medal in the men’s high jump event.
2) AU Small Finance Bank has launched an innovative Credit Card product that brings a revolutionary change in the credit card landscape.
3) SEBI has set up an advisory committee on hybrid securities, which will make recommendations for giving a fillip to the growth of such instruments, including measures focusing on ease of issuance and attracting domestic and global capital.
➠The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is the regulatory body for securities and commodity market in India under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance , Government of India. It was established on 12 April 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
4) Chennai-based drone start-up Garuda Aerospace has partnered with Malaysian drone solution company, HiiLSE Global SdnBhd (HiiLSE Drones) to set up its first aerospace plant in Malaysia.
5) Samant Kumar Goel’s contract as secretary of the intelligence agency’s Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) was extended by the Centre by another year.
➨The appointment of Tapan Kumar Deka as the next director of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) was also confirmed by the Cabinet’s Appointments Committee.
▪️Intelligence Bureau :-
Headquarters: New Delhi
Director : Arvind Kumar
Parent agency: Ministry of Home Affairs
6) Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has approved the Draft GSR Notification to introduce Bharat NCAP (New Car Assessment Program), wherein automobiles in India shall be accorded Star Ratings based upon their performance in Crash Tests.
7) South Korea conducted its first successful satellite launch using a domestically developed rocket “Nuri”.
➨It was South Korea’s second launch attempt of a Nuri rocket.
8) ICICI Bank announced the launch of a digital platform to address the needs of the students aspiring to pursue higher education in India and abroad.
➨Called ‘Campus Power’, the one-stop platform caters to varied needs of the entire student ecosystem comprising students, parents and institutes.
9) Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IG) airport has become the nation’s first airport to run entirely on the combination of hydro and solar power.
➨This move will help in reducing the emissions of two lakh tonnes of carbon dioxide every year.
10) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully launched communication satellite GSAT-24 from Kourou in French Guiana.
➨ GSAT-24, built by ISRO for NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), was launched by French company Arianespace.
▪️Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) :-
➨Formed :- 15 August 1969
➨Headquarter :- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
➨Chairman :- S Somnath
11) Union Minister Piyush Goyal inaugurated a “Mango Festival” in Brussels, Belgium to create awareness among the Europeans and create a market for Indian mangoes in Europe.
12) Karnataka Bank has launched Online SB Account opening facility through ‘Video based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP)’. The facility enabled in the Corporate Website of the Bank.
CM :- Basavaraj Bommai
Governor :- Thawarchand Gehlot
Port :- New Mangalore Port
Anshi National Park
Bannerghata National Park
Nagarhole National Park
Bandipur National Park
Kudremukh National Park
Language – Kannada
Formation – 1 November 1956