1) Uttar Pradesh has become the first state in the country to have 13 expressways.
➨Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 296-km-long Bundelkhand Expressway on July 16 and with its inauguration Bundelkhand will be directly connected to Delhi.
▪️Uttar Pradesh :-
Governor – Smt. Anandiben Patel
➨Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dudhwa National Park
➨National Chambal Sanctuary
➨Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar Lake
➨Kashi Vishwanath Temple
2) The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi attended the first ‘Arun Jaitley Memorial Lecture’ (AJML), by Mr. Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Senior Minister, Government of Singapore, today at New Delhi.
3) Union minister Smriti Irani took charge of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, a day after Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi resigned from the Cabinet.
4) Nokia and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) announced the opening of the Nokia Center of Excellence (CoE) in Networked Robotics at the IISc. in Bengaluru.
5) The facility named ‘Sheikh Kamal IT Business Incubator’ was inaugurated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at the Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET) in a virtual function.
➨ The incubator will provide a complete and innovative eco-system for start ups in Bangladesh.
6) Former NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant has been picked as India’s new Sherpa for the G-20, replacing Piyush Goyal, who was appointed as the G-20 Sherpa in September last year.
▪️NITI Aayog :- National Institution for Transforming India
➨Formed – 1 January 2015
➨Preceding – Planning Commission
➨Headquarters -New Delhi
➨Chairperson:- Narendra Modi,
➨Vice Chairperson – Suman Bery
7) OPEC Secretary-General Mohammad Barkindo, an oil industry veteran who steered the group through the creation of the OPEC+ alliance, has died in his native Nigeria. He was 63.
8) Prarthna Batra’s debut book titled ‘Getting the Bread: The Gen-Z Way to Success’ was launched by Sakshi Malik.
➨ Prarthna is also the co-founder of Lajja Diaries – an online platform, to felicitate the gender discourse on feminism and women’s rights in India.
9) In order to control Dengue and Chikungunya, ICMR-Vector Control Research Centre (VCRC) developed special female mosquitoes that will mate with males and produce larvae that do not carry these viruses.
10) The South Indian Bank has signed an agreement with Kerala’s Forest and Wildlife Department to enable digital collection of payments at eco-tourism centres, Vanasree shops, mobile Vanasree units and eco-shops across the State.
➠Idukki Dam on Periyar River
➠Kumarakom National Park
➠Anamudi Shola National Park
➠Eravikulam National Park
➠Silent Valley National Park
11) Private non-life insurer SBI General Insurance had appointed Paritosh Tripathi as managing director and chief executive officer.
▪️Recent Current Affairs :- The centre has approved the appointment of Alok Kumar Choudhary, the State Bank of India’s deputy managing director, as managing director for a two-year term.
▪️ State Bank of India :-
Founded – 1 July 1955
Headquarters – Mumbai,
Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
➨He comes in place of T Sreekanth.
13) Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Bhupender Yadav launched “Hariyali Mahotsav”.
14) The Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU) has set up a ‘Remote Pilot Training Centre’ (RPTC) to teach drone flying to defence/security forces personnel as well as citizens at its campus in Lavad village of Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
➨CM – Bhupendra Patel
➨Governor – Acharya Devvrat
➠ Marine( Gulf of Kachchh) WLS
➠Nal Sarovar Bird Santuary
➠ Kakrapar Nuclear Power Plant
➠ Narayan Sarovar wildlife sanctuary
➠ Sardar Sarovar Hydro Electric Power Plant
➠Porbandar Lake wildlife sanctuary