Current Affairs for 11th July 2022
1) Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the ‘National Cyber Forensic Laboratory’ (NCFL) at Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) campus in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
▪️Andhra Pradesh :-
➨CM – Jaganmohan Reddy
➨Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
➨ Venkateswara Temple
➨Sri Bhramramma Mallikarjuna Temple
2) Ram Baboo Prasad has taken over as new Director (technical) of Central Coalfields Ltd (CCL).
➨ The post of Director (technical) was vacant after Bhola Singh joined the Northern Coalfields Ltd (NCL) as chairman-cum-managing director (CMD).
◾️Central Coalfields Ltd :-
➨ Headquarters: Ranchi
➨ Founded: 1 November 1975
➨ Chairman – PM Prasad
3) Pravir Pandey, a 1992 batch officer of Indian Audit and Accounts Service, has been appointed as Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
4) Chhattisgarh has become the first state in the country to restore the old pension scheme in order to provide assured income to retired employees.
CM – Bhupesh Baghel
Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
Udanti-Sitanadi Tiger Reserve
Achanakmar Tiger Reserve
Indravati Tiger Reserve
5) Government-owned NTPC has commenced commercial operation of the first part capacity of its 56 MW Kawas Solar PV Project at Kawas, Gujarat.
➨CM – Bhupendra Patel
➨Governor – Acharya Devvrat
➠ Marine( Gulf of Kachchh) WLS
➠Nal Sarovar Bird Santuary
➠ Kakrapar Nuclear Power Plant
➠ Narayan Sarovar wildlife sanctuary
➠ Sardar Sarovar Hydro Electric Power Plant
➠Porbandar Lake wildlife sanctuary
6) SpaceX launched a rocket carrying 53 satellites for the Starlink internet constellation from California, its second such effort in less than 24 hours.
Founder: Elon Musk
Founded: 14 March 2002
CEO – Elon Musk
Headquarters – Hawthorne, California, United States
7) Senior IAS officer Nidhi Chibber has been appointed as the chairperson of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) as part of a senior-level bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Centre.
➨ Chibber, a 1994 batch Indian Administrative Service officer of Chhattisgarh cadre, is currently Additional Secretary, Ministry of Heavy Industries.
➽ Central Board of Secondary Education :-
Formation – 2 July 1929
Headquarters – New Delhi
Chairman – Vineet Joshi
8) The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) recently partnered with the Indian School of Business (ISB) to conduct capacity-building programmes for MSDE officials.
9) Union Minister for Communications, Electronics & IT and Railways Ashwini Vaishnaw launched the ‘GatiShakti Sanchar’ portal, a centralised platform for clearing Right of Way (RoW) applications for telecom providers.
10) Leading UK-based academic Dr Swati Dhingra has been named as the first Indian-origin woman to be appointed as an external member of the Bank of England’s interest rate-setting committee.
11) Manik Saha was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Tripura.
➨ Manik Saha, the BJP State unit president and lone Rajya Sabha MP from Tripura, was elected as legislature party leader.
➨The decision was taken at a legislature party meeting following the resignation of CM Biplab Kumar Deb.
➨CM – Manik Saha
➨Governor – Satyadev Narayan Arya
➨Bison (Rajbari) National Park
➨Clouded Leopard National Park
12) S. Gopalakrishnan, Additional Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has been appointed as Additional Secretary, Department of Health and Family Welfare.
13) Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh have topped in Goods and Services Tax (GST) registrations by businesses and dealers followed by Gujarat and Tamil Nadu, reflecting that economic prowess of these states.
▪️Uttar Pradesh :-
Governor – Smt. Anandiben Patel
➨Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dudhwa National Park
➨National Chambal Sanctuary
➨Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar Lake
➨Kashi Vishwanath Temple