1) Home Minister Amit Shah unveiled the ‘Statue of Peace’ of Swamy Ramanujacharya at Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir.
▪️Jammu and Kashmir :-
➨L. Governor of J&K – Manoj Sinha
➨Rajparian Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hirapora Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dachigam National Park
➨Salim Ali National Park
2) India-born Gita Gopinath has become the first woman and second Indian to feature on the ‘wall of former chief economists’ of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
➨Gopinath was appointed as IMF Chief Economist in October 2018 and was later promoted as the IMF’s First Deputy Managing Director in December last year.
➽International Monetary Fund :-
Formation – 27 December 1945
Headquarters – Washington, D.C.
Managing Director – Kristalina Georgieva
Chief Economist – Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas
3) India’s Arjun Babuta won his first gold medal at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup stage by defeating Tokyo 2020 silver medallist Lucas Kozeniesky of the USA 17-9 in the final.
▪️International Shooting Sport Federation:-
Headquarters – Munich, Germany
President – Vladimir Lisin
Founded – 1907
4) Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched ‘SVANidhi Mahotsav’ in New Delhi.
➨It is a cultural festival for celebrating the success of PM SVANidhi Scheme
5) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has accepted the nomination of former RBI officer Meena Hemchandra as the bank’s part-time chairman for a period of three years.
◾️Reserve Bank of India:-
➨Headquarters:- Mumbai, Maharashtra,
➨Established:- 1 April 1935, 1934 Act.
➨Hilton Young Commission
➨ First Governor – Sir Osborne Smith
➨ First Indian Governor – Chintaman Dwarkanath Deshmukh
➨Present Governor:- Shaktikanta Das
➨Present Deputy Governors –
1) Mahesh Kumar Jain
2) Dr. Michael Debabrata Patra
3) M. Rajeshwar Rao
4) T. Rabi Sankar
➨ Longest time Governor :- Benegal Ram Rao
➨ Shortest time Governor :- Amitav Ghosh
6) The first full-color image from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope was released. It provides glimpses of what the early Universe looked like.
➨The image showed thousands of galaxies and some of the faintest objects observed.
➨Headquarters – Washington, D.C.
➨Formed – July 29, 1958
➨Preceding agency – National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics
7) Shri Rajendra Prasad has assumed the charge of Managing Director, National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited in addition to his duties as Director Project, NHSRCL.
8) Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) has initiated a global name collection for the country’s newest solar observatory, which will be launched into a sun-synchronous orbit in October.
9) Nineteen-year-old Jahnavi Dangeti has scripted history by becoming the youngest to complete the Analog Astronaut programme from the Analog Astronaut Training Centre (AATC) at Krakow in South Poland.
10) In a significant development, researchersFrom Bengaluru’s JNCASR have discovered a novel material called single-crystalline Scandium Nitride that can emit, detect, and modulate infrared light with high efficiencies.
11) India’s U-20 wrestling team came up with a superb performance to bag 22 medals including four gold in the Asian U-20 Wrestling Championships in Manama, Bahrain.
➨Besides the four gold medals, India claimed nine silver and nine bronze medals.
12) The duo of Mehuli Ghosh and Shahu Tushar Mane bagged India’s second gold medal in the 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team final at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup stage at Changwon in South Korea.