Current Affairs for 25th July 2022
1) Maharashtra’s Maha Metro and the Centre’s National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) received the Asia Book of Records and India Book of Records certifications from Union Minister Nitin Gadkari for constructing the longest multi-layer viaduct in Asia.
▪️National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) :-
➨Founded – 1988
➨Sector – Indian National Highway System
➨Purpose – Development and maintenance of national highways
➨Headquarters – New Delhi
➨Chairman – Alka Upadhyaya
2) Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has announced that Dwarka Expressway, also known as the Northern Peripheral Road in Haryana portion, is being developed as the first elevated urban expressway in India.
3) Novak Djokovic won a seventh Wimbledon title and 21st Grand Slam crown with a four-set triumph over Nick Kyrgios, whose challenge angrily unravelled after a blistering start.
4) Researchers from Bengaluru’s Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) have discovered a new material that is able to convert infrared (IR) light into renewable energy (RE).
5) The fourth phase of sea trials for the Indian Navy’s indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC) Vikrant was successfully completed.
6) The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) in Mumbai became one of the first railway stations in the country to have an augmented reality experience.
➨Passengers at the station can now meet animals, witness snowfall, magic tricks and visit around the world virtually.
▪️ Maharashtra :-
➨ Sanjay Gandhi (Borivali) National Park
➨ Tadoba National Park
➨Nawegaon National Park
➨Gugamal National Park
➨Chandoli National Park
7) India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) has entered into a strategic partnership with RBL Bank to offer mortgage guarantee (MG) backed home loan products for salaried and non-salaried people .
8) Information and Broadcasting (I&B) secretary Apurva Chandra unveiled the new logo of the country’s Public Service Broadcaster, ‘Prasar Bharati’.
9) The National Monuments Authority (NMA) has recommended two sites associated with B R Ambedkar in Gujarat and Maharashtra to be declared as monuments of national importance.
➨ The sites are the Sankalp Bhumi banyan tree campus in Vadodara in Gujarat and Pratap Rao Bhosle High School in Satara in Maharashtra.
10) The Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) has appointed Brajesh Kumar Upadhyay as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL).
➨Upadhyay was serving as director (operations) at GSL when he was recommended for the post out of six other candidates.
11) The state-owned Union Bank of India announced the launch of a Metaverse-based virtual lounge where it will virtually showcase its products to customers. The lender is the first in India to open a virtual publicity shop.
12) Brijendra K Syngal, former Chairman of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL), passed away. He was 82.
➨Syngal, who has been acknowledged as the father of the Indian Internet, was known for his strong views and fearlessness in taking on the establishment.
13) Uttarakhand has become the first state in the country to initiate the process of implementing the Centre’s New Education Policy (NEP) after the launch of ‘Bal Vatikas’.
➨Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated ‘Bal Vatikas’ at Anganwadi kendras across the state to strengthen the pre-primary education system.
▪️Uttarakhand CM :- Pushkar Singh Dhami
Governor :- Gurmit Singh
➠Asan Conservation Reserve
➠Country’s first moss garden
➠Country’s first Pollinator Park
➠Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme
➠Rajaji Tiger Reserve 🐅
➠Jim Corbett National Park
➠Kedarnath wildlife sanctuary
➠Valley of Flowers National
➠Nanda Devi National Park
➠Mussoorie wildlife sanctuary