Current Affairs for 26th July 2022 – English
1) Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the National Food Laboratory of FSSAI at Raxaul in Bihar.
▪️Bihar CM – Nitish Kumar
➨ Governor – Phagu Chauhan
➨Mangala Gowri Temple
➨Mithila Shakti Peeth Temple
➨Valmiki National Park
2) India successfully carried out a night launch of the nuclear-capable Agni-4 ballistic missile from the APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha, marking a significant boost to the country’s military capabilities.
➨Agni-IV is the fourth in the Agni series of missiles – earlier known as Agni II prime – developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
▪️Defence Research and Development Organisation( DRDO) :-
➠ Founded – 1958
➠ HeadQuarter – New Delhi
➠ Chairman – G. Satheesh Reddy
3) Turn Your Body To The Sun, a Dutch Documentary won the prestigious Golden Conch award in the International Category in MIFF 2022.
➨Directed by Aliona Van der Horst, the film brings to light the incredible life story of a Soviet soldier of Tatar descent who was captured by the Nazis during the Second World War.
4) 16-year-old Kajol Sargar from Sangli, Maharashtra has won the first gold medal of the Khelo India Youth Games which is being held in Panchkula, Haryana.
▪️ Maharashtra :-
➨ Sanjay Gandhi (Borivali) National Park
➨ Tadoba National Park
➨Nawegaon National Park
➨Gugamal National Park
➨Chandoli National Park
5) National champion Aman Sehrawat clinched gold medal while Tokyo 2020 bronze medallist Bajrang Punia settled for bronze of the 2022 Bolat Turlykhanov Cup wrestling tournament in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
6) The National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) and World Resources Institute (WRI) India, jointly announced ‘Leaders in Climate Change Management’ (LCCM), a practice-based learning program.
▪️World Resources Institute (WRI) :-
Headquarters – Washington, D.C., United States
Founder – James Gustave Speth
Founded – 1982
7) Shreyas G. Hosur became the first officer from the Indian Railways to complete the gruelling ‘Ironman’ Triathlon, considered to be the toughest single-day sports event in the world.
➨This event includes 3.8 km of swimming, 180 km of cycling and 42.2 km of running.
8) A multinational peacekeeping exercise “Ex Khaan Quest 2022” featuring participation from military contingents from 16 countries, including India has commenced in Mongolia.
➨Indian Army is represented by a contingent from the LADAKH SCOUTS.
9) Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia announced first-ever National Air Sports Policy-2022 in New Delhi.
➨ The objective of this policy is to include India among the top air sporting nations by 2030.
10) India scored the lowest among 180 countries in the 2022 Environment Performance Index (EPI), an analysis by researchers of Yale and Columbia University.
➨ The EPI ranks 180 countries on 40 performance indicators including climate change, environmental public health, biodiversity, among others.
➨India ranked at the bottom with a total score of 18.9, while Denmark was the top scorer as the world’s most sustainable country.
11) Rafael Nadal won a record-extending 14th French Open by crushing Norwegian Casper Ruud 6-3 6-3 6-0 to claim an all-time best men’s singles 22nd Grand Slam title.
12) The West Bengal cabinet approved the proposal to remove the governor as Visitor of private universities.
➨The Cabinet also approved the proposal to make Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee the chancellor of all state-run universities.
▪️West Bengal :-
➠CM – Mamata Banerjee
➠GOVERNOR – Jagdeep Dhankhar
➠Folk Dances – Lathi, Gambhira, Dhali, Jatra, Baul, Chhau, Santhali Dance
13) The centre has approved the appointment of Alok Kumar Choudhary, the State Bank of India’s deputy managing director, as managing director for a two-year term.