NMAT Exam will be held from October 10 to December 19, 2022. NMAT 2022 Registrations process has opened from August 1, 2022.
Top Colleges accepting include NMIMS Mumbai, XIM Bhubaneswar, TAPMI Manipal and KJ Somaiya Mumbai. GMAC, the body that conducts NMAT exam, has made many changes to exam process this year.
What is NMAT?
NMAT 2022 is an important national level MBA entrance test leading to MBA admission 2023 in NMIMS Mumbai and other top MBA colleges. GMAC is the exam conducting body for NMAT by GMAC 2022. NMAT 2022 exam scores will be accepted by some of the top MBA colleges in India for MBA admission 2023-25 batch like NMIMS Mumbai; VIT Vellore; K J Somaiya Mumbai; XIM University Bhubaneswar; SDA Bocconi; 9 ICFAI Business Schools; IFMR Krea University and many other MBA colleges in India.
While clarifying on What is NMAT. Below are shared the NMAT 2022 exam highlights, Exam pattern, key features and key changes in upcoming NMAT exam, top MBA colleges accepting NMAT with cut off and other key aspects of NMAT exam.
NMAT 2022 Highlights
Some of the unique features of the NMAT by GMAC 2022 exam that will help candidates perform better, assess their performance and play to their strengths with added convenience and flexibility this year are:
- Long testing window from October 10 to December 19, 2022 last week
- One More Opportunity to appear in NMAT likely in January 2023
- Exam pattern and testing mode for the NMAT 2022 exam may change
- Equal weightage to all sections and no negative marking for incorrect answer
- 108 questions instead of 120 questions while exam duration remains 120 minutes
- Two retake opportunities to improve score available
- Instant score preview and official score card within 48 hours for Candidates and Schools
- GMAC offers Free Official practice exams to candidates to practice and familiarizes with exam pattern. It’s called NMAT by GMAC™ Official Practice Exam 1 (Free). Two free attempts are available for candidates
- There is also NMAT by GMAC Official Guide with CD to help candidates to understand the intricacies of NMAT 2022 exam and check their preparation level
- Testing options at test center with social distancing norms & online proctored at home
- 76+ conveniently located testing centers across 73 Indian Cities
- NMAT by GMAC™ Online Proctored Exam at Home is available on certain dates within the testing period and slots will be booked on first come first serve basis.
NMAT Important Dates 2022
NMAT important dates 2022 for the NMAT exam are as follows:
|NMAT Exam Activity||Start Date||Last Date|
|NMAT 2022 Registration & Application Process (Without Late fee)||August 1, 2022||October 10, 2022|
|Facility to choose NMAT 2022 Exam Date – NMAT Scheduling||August 1, 2022||October 13, 2022|
|NMAT Exam Re-scheduling Dates||August 1, 2022||December 16, 2022|
|NMAT 2022 Exam Dates||October 10, 2022||December 19, 2022|
|NMAT 2022 Registration forRe-take of Exam||October 11, 2022||December 16, 2022|
|NMAT Retake Exam Scheduling||October 11, 2022||December 16, 2022|
|NMAT 2022 Date of Result Declaration||Score card available 48 hours after taking the NMAT exam||NMAT result will have scores only. Percentile scores may not be available in the score card|
|NMAT 2022 Exam Last date for score card download||—||March 31, 2023|
NMAT Exam 2022: Detailed Information at a Glance
Detailed Information on one of the most important but a moderate difficulty MBA entrance exam – NMAT 2022 is as under:
|NMAT 2022 Exam Conducting Body||Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)|
|NMAT official Website||mba.com/nmat|
|Top MBA colleges under NMAT 2022||NMIMS, SPJIMR, ISB, XIMB, VIT, TAPMI, ICFAI, Shiv Nadar, SDA Bocconi, L M Thapar|
|NMAT 2022 Exam Dates||75 days from October 10 to December 19, 2022|
|NMAT 2022 Testing Mode||1. Online Exam at Test Centre; Or2. Online proctored exam from home|
|Number of Times you can Take the NMAT exam 2022||Three|
|How to Register for the Exam?||Visit NMAT official website and complete registration|
|NMAT 2022 Exam Application Fee||Rs.2800/-|
|Total Questions in NMAT Exam 2022||108|
|Sectional Division of the NMAT Exam||3 Sections|
|Does NMAT have Sectional Time Limit?||Yes, and is different for each section|
|Choice of determining order of sections||Yes, available only once|
|Exam Difficulty Level||Moderate as compared to CAT, XAT, SNAP|
|Required NMAT exam Percentile for MBA admission in Top Colleges||90+|
|Importance of Taking NMAT 2022 exam||Offers opportunity to improve rank & score with 2 retakes|
|Exam application process||Online|
NMAT 2022: 8 Key Changes
- No Late Registration Date and No Late Fee: Unlike the previous years, No late registration fee will be charged as you are not allowed to apply after the last date of Registration, although retake options are open
- Two Testing Modes: GMAC has introduced Online Proctored Exam from Home along with Centre Based online Exam. Candidates have the option to take the test either at test centre with social distancing protocols or to take the online proctored exam from the comfort of their home.
- Longer Testing Window: NMAT 2022 has a longer testing window of 75 days
- Long Registration Window: NMAT has a long registration and application window of more than three months starting from August and going upto November 2022
- Fewer Questions with same Test duration: NMAT 2022 consists of 108 questions instead of 120 questions earlier, while exam duration remains same with 120 minutes
- Equal Sectional Weightage: All the 3 sections in NMAT 2022 have equal weightage.
- Negative Marking in NMAT 2022: There will no negative marking in NMAT question paper
- Check Score Immediately after the Exam: Facility is available for instant score preview and official score card within 48 hours of the exam for Candidates and Schools. The NMAT 2022 Scorecards can be downloaded within 48 hours of taking the NMAT exam. Besides, you will be informed once Scorecard is available for download. The scorecards can be downloaded till March 31, 2023.
NMAT 2022 Exam Fees
GMAC has revised upwards the NMAT 2022 Fees for different services as under
|NMAT 2022 Test Service||NMAT Fees||Remarks|
|Test Registration (Early)||Rs.2800/-||+ Applicable Taxes|
|Test Registration (Late)||Not Announced||NA|
|NMAT Retake Registration||Rs.2800/-||+ Applicable Taxes|
|Additional Score Reports (Beyond 5)||Rs. 300/-per report||+ Applicable Taxes|
|Rescheduling NMAT exam||Rs.1200/-||+ Applicable Taxes|
NMAT 2022 Exam: Composition
|Section Name||Number of questions||Allotted time in minutes|
MBA Colleges Accepting NMAT
There are 50+ MBA colleges and universities including many top MBA colleges who will accept NMAT 2022 exam score. Some of the top MBA colleges accepting the NMAT by GMAC 2022 score for MBA admission 2023 are:
|MBA college||Programmes Offered|
|NMIMS University||University MBA|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai||MBA|
|XIM University Bhubaneswar School of HRM||MBA – HRM|
|XIM University Bhubaneswar School of Rural Management||MBA-RM|
|IFMR Graduate School of Business at KREA University, Sri City||MBA|
|IBS Hyderabad: ICFAI Business School||MBA|
|VIT University Vellore, Chennai||MBA|
|SOIL – School of Inspired Leadership, Gurgaon||PGPM, PGDM|
|SDA Bocconi Asia Center, Mumbai||International Master in Business|
|ICFAI IBS Dehradun, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune||MBA/PGPM|
|Jindal Global Business School – Sonepat, Delhi/NCR||MBA/PGDM|
|Shiv Nadar MBA: School of Management and Entrepreneurship Greater Noida||I-Global MBA|
NMAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
There are few basic parameters in NMAT by GMAC 2022 eligibility criteria 2022 which an applicant requires to fulfill to appear in NMAT exam.
- The candidate must hold Bachelor’s Degree
- Candidates in final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for NMAT by GMAC 2022
- There is no age bar to appear in NMAT 2022
- Candidates need to also check the B-school admission eligibility criteria apart from NMAT eligibility criteria
NMAT 2022: Key Benefits of Taking the Exam
Let’s look at some salient features of this test.
- Gateway to Top MBA Colleges: NMAT 2022 scores are accepted for MBA admission at NMIMS University, XIM University Bhubaneswar (for some courses), VIT Vellore and 50+ other well-known universities and MBA colleges.
- Similar to CAT and SNAP: NMAT is an online computer-based test on the pattern of CAT, XAT, SNAP with only difference in number of questions and difficulty level.
- Moderate difficulty level: NMAT is a moderate difficulty level exam with 108 questions divided in three core sections of Verbal Ability, Quant and Reasoning. The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- No Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in NMAT. It allows you to maximise your score.
- 2 Retakes to improve score: NMAT 2022 offers three chances to improve your score after appearing in the exam for the first time. This gives students opportunity to do their best.
- 75+ days Test window: NMAT exam dates have more than 75 days testing window and allow you to self- schedule the preferred exam date to appear in the exam. So, you can easily take the exam, without worrying for date-clash with other exams.
NMAT 2022 Cut off
More than 50 MBA colleges in India and abroad will use NMAT 2022 cut offs for MBA admission 2023. The NMAT 2022 cut offs in top MBA colleges in India like NMIMS, XIMB, K J Somaiya, VIT among others are fairly high in the range of 92-96 percentile.
NMAT Exam Pattern 2022 Vs Past Pattern
Substantial changes in NMAT Exam are introduced by GMAC. A quick review of latest changes in NMAT pattern will help you to plan and get NMAT 2022 Preparation Strategy and Books. Key changes are:
|NMAT Exam Components||NMAT 2022||NMAT 2021||NMAT 2020||NMAT 2019|
|Changes in Registration Window||Aug 1 to Oct 10, 2022||Aug 3 to Nov 17, 2021||Aug 1 to Oct 5, 2020||July 2 to Oct 3, 2019|
|Test Taking Window||Oct 14 to Dec 27, 2022||Oct 14 to Dec 27, 2021||Oct 6 to Dec 19, 2020Reopened in Jan 2021 also||Oct 4 to Dec 17, 2019|
|Total Question in NMAT||108||108||108||120|
|Change in total Questions/allotted time in Language Skills Section||36 Qs in 28 Mins||36 Qs in 28 Mins||36 Qs in 28 Mins||32 Qs in 22Mins|
|Change in total questions/allotted time in Quantitative Skills Section||36 Qs in 52Mins||36 Qs in 52Mins||36 Qs in 52Mins||48 Qs in 60Mins|
|Change in total questions/allotted time in Logical Reasoning section||36 Qs in 40Mins||36 Qs in 40Mins||36 Qs in 40Mins||40 Qs in 38 Mins|
How to Apply for NMAT 2022
Checkout the complete step by step process for filling NMAT online Application Form:
- Visit the website of NMAT 2022 (link is given above).
- Now click on the new candidate registration link and registered yourself by filling the registration form.
- Registration form will contains the details like Name, Email Address, Mobile Number etc.
- Details like Email Id and Phone Number must be correct and working as all the communication will be done through them.
- After the completion of registration, registered candidate will receive Password in register Email Id or in Register Mobile Number.
- Now login into the NMAT 2022 Application Form and fill it with all required details.
- The Application form will be consist of details like personal information, Educational Details, Address, Exam Centre etc.
- Save the application form and proceed toward the next step.
- Upload all required documents including Photograph, Signature, category certificate etc. and save the documents.
- The document uploaded by candidates must be in prescribed format and size.
- Now after uploading the documents, move to the final step.
- Select the payment gateways as mentioned above and complete the further steps accordingly.
- Once payment will be successful candidates are advised to take the printout of filled Application Form and fee receipt.